Sunday, February 3, 2008

Challenging


I'm signing up for another challenge -- we'll see how it goes. I tend to be wary of signing myself up because I dislike scheduling my reading. I like to just pick up a few books and read the one that catches my fancy. However, all of these are books I was planning to read anyway, so I think I can mange it. The Eponymous Challenge runs from the beginning of March to the end of May, and it asks participants to read four books whose titles are the name of one or more of the characters (e.g. Evelina, Oscar and Lucinda) or a description of one or more of the characters (e.g. The Merchant of Venice, Sylvia’s Lovers). Check out Between the Covers to sign up.

My list:
1. Kyra, by Carol Gilligan
2. Lady Macbeth, by Susan Fraser King
3. The Senator's Wife, by Sue Miller
4. The Girl Who Stopped Swimming, by Joshilyn Jackson

I think, to cover my bases, I'll make rereading the Harry Potter series my alternate choices. (That might be cheating just a little.) Most of these will also qualify for The Pub challenge, since overlaps are allowed.

ETA 2/28/08: My first two choices aren't turning out to be as appealing to me as I had hoped, so I'm adding two more alternates: Mary Modern by Camille DeAngelis and I, Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis.

1 comment:

Amat Libris said...

Welcome to the challenge! I have to admit I've never heard of any of your choices, so I'll look forward to reading the reviews.